Originally this map was supposed to be a small minimap. Well, it’s not exactly a big map either, but it turned out as much bigger what I intended. The idea was given by Steve Barr on Twitter when I was asking for some ideas for a minimap. The idea happened to fit my own plans regarding my own Force and Destiny Star Wars RPG campaign.
One of our Efreet-class shuttles was intercepted by local insurgents and we have located the shuttle’s crash site.
We expect the insurgent to be scavenging the ship wreck for parts and taking all survived crew members as hostages.
The shuttle has an armored pod for VIP persons and we have picked up its signal close to the crash site.
Star Wars would be very different if all references to the Force would be replaced with Love…
• “Love is what gives a Jedi his power. It’s an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.” –Ben to Luke
• “Don’t underestimate Love!” –Vader to Tarkin
• “Love can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.” –Ben to Luke
• “Don’t be too proud of this technological terror you’ve constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of Love.” –Vader to Admiral Motti
• “Remember, a Jedi can feel Love flowing through him.” –Ben to Luke
• “I felt a great disturbance in Love.” –Ben
• “Love will be with you . . . always.” –Ben to Luke
• “There is a great disturbance in Love.” –Emperor to Vader
• “A Jedi’s strenght flows from Love. But beware of the dark side.” –Yoda to Luke
• “A Jedi uses Love for knowledge and defense, never for attack.” –Yoda to Luke
• “My ally is Love, and a powerful ally it is.” –Yoda
• “Use Love, Luke.” –Ben’s Spirit
This small outpost is located in the middle of a remote marshland. The structure is quite old and made of concrete bricks and light-weight elements assembled on site. The facility is mainly powered by old solar panels installed on the roof of the main building. These panels provide energy for lightning, communications and other essential electrical systems. Otherwise the facilities are quite stoic and primitive. There is no running water or toilets, for example.
This is a quick map I did to test the idea of vertically built spaceships and it was kind of inspired by The Expanse tv-series and one of its spaceships. So, in other words, this map was made hard scifi in mind – no artificial gravity except for rotation or acceleration, for instance.
Normally this ship would be like a tower when it’s under acceleration, but otherwise there’s no gravity and it would be more like a tube divided into sections.